To avoid unnecessary headaches, I try to make clear how I communicate.
- I’m blunt and prefer straightforward communication.
- I do not prefer small talks.
If we’ve never met before, the best way to reach me is via email. I check my inbox frequently and try to respond to every email.
- Short is sweet.
- If there is a request that can be easily found online, do detailed research before emailing me.
- Don’t talk like a press release. Talk like a person. A person is reading this, so why are you talking like that?
- I procrastinate! If I haven’t responded after a week, feel free to follow up.
My email id is arunbaby0 [@] our one and only Gmail. :P
Social media is a great platform which I don’t use often.
I don’t prefer social media for communication as I don’t spend a lot of time on it.
Twitter: I’m not active on Twitter.
Facebook: Quit at the beginning of 2019.
Instagram: All I have is an account there.
LinkedIn: I read LinkedIn messages but I prefer emails.
Follow me on social media but reach me via email.
Texting, WhatsApp and calling
I use these for people who are close to me. So expect delays.
WhatsApp: You can message me in WhatsApp. My response time is generally between 0.1 second and 7 days.
My phone is always on silent so I will certainly miss unscheduled calls especially if you are not on my contacts list.
I have a full-time job and when not working I do side projects.
If you are not a close person to me, follow the below guidelines:
“Let’s meet at XYZ beach near parking station at 0630 IST” - is a plan.
“Let’s hang out this Saturday” - is not a plan.
If there is an online meet, please send me a calendar invite with detailed agenda, as I forget things easily.
I just want to be systematic and reduce the overhead as much as possible. I am flexible with schedule changes, but pre-planning get rid of unnecessary delays.